Batam's BEST Holiday Hotel: Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!
Batam's BEST Holiday Hotel: Unforgettable Luxury Awaits! (And I Just Survived It!) - A Messy, Honest Review
Okay, so "Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!" is the exact tagline for this place in Batam. And honestly? It's… mostly true. Let's just say I came back feeling less like a stressed-out travel blogger and more like a slightly more tanned, pleasantly plump, and slightly-in-debt version of myself. But hey, ain't that what a vacation is supposed to do?
Let’s get this straight. I'm not just gonna give you a dry list of amenities. I’m gonna live this review. Buckle up, buttercups.
First, the Basics: Accessibility, The Stuff That Matters (To Me and Everyone Else!)
- Accessibility: The hotel does try. There's an elevator, and they claim to have facilities for disabled guests. But honestly, I’m not in a wheelchair, so I can't fully vouch for how seamless it is. But they claim to be doing it.
- Internet Access: HOLY WIFI, BATMAN! Free Wi-Fi in the rooms? CHECK! Wi-Fi in public areas? Double check! I even managed to stream a whole season of something utterly embarrassing in the lobby. Seriously. The internet was surprisingly solid. And they had LAN if you're into that antiquated thing.
- Accessibility Rating: 4/5 - Trying hard, room for improvement on a more rigorous "access" test
The Sanctuary: Rooms, Glorious Rooms (And Minor Annoyances)
The room… oh, the room. It's where the "Unforgettable Luxury" really started to kick in. Let's get into it, people!
Available in All Rooms: This is where they really get it right and the “luxury” truly begins.
- Air Conditioning? Duh. Essential in humid Batam. And it worked, thank God.
- Alarm Clock? Yes! Saved my sanity.
- Bathrobes? Oh yeah! So fluffy, so comfortable… I basically lived in one.
- Bathtub? Absolutely. After a long day of… well, existing, a proper soak with the complimentary bath salts was pure bliss.
- Blackout Curtains? Necessary for my vampire-like sleep schedule. They delivered.
- Coffee/Tea Maker? Crucial. My morning coffee ritual was saved.
- Desk? Yes, because I had to get some work done, right? (Lies.)
- Extra Long Bed? HEAVEN. I'm tall, and I appreciated the extra inches.
- Free Bottled Water? YES! Hydration is key, especially in Batam.
- Hair Dryer? Surprisingly effective, because my hair is a tangled mess.
- Internet Access – Wireless? See above. Fast and furious.
- Ironing Facilities? Needed.
- Laptop Workspace? Check.
- Mini Bar? Stocked and ready for disaster. Beware, my friends.
- Private Bathroom? Always a plus.
- Refrigerator? Essential for the mini-bar, which was…tempting.
- Seating Area? Room to unwind with a book (if I'd brought one).
- Separate Shower/Bathtub? Luxurious.
- Slippers? Yes! (I mostly used them to pad around the room and yell!)
- Telephone? sigh.
- Toiletries? Decent quality, but I always bring my own.
- Towels? Plush and plentiful.
- Wake-up service? Used it. And it worked!
- Wi-Fi [free]? A second time in case you missed it.
- Window that opens? YES! Breathing in the fresh air during the brief respite from humidity.
The Quirks & Anecdotes: Okay, I have to admit, I did accidentally set off the smoke detector while expertly toasting some bread. (Don’t judge. Breakfast in the room is a dangerous game). The staff, bless their hearts, handled it with a grace that was far beyond my own. They were patient, even when I made a fool of myself. Big points for that.
Room Rating: 4.5/5 - Super solid. Minor bread-related incidents notwithstanding.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry (Or At Least, Well-Fed): Dining, Drinking & Snacking
This is where things get… deliciously complicated.
Restaurants, Restaurants, Everywhere!: They have multiple restaurants, ranging from casual to fancy. I tried them all… for research! Ha!
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant: YES! I'm a sucker for Nasi Goreng in the morning.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Also available for when I got a little tired of rice.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Needed for all the work I was so "hard" at doing.
- Poolside bar: Essential. Need I say more?
- Snack bar: for when I got peckish.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Bonus points for catering to everyone!
- Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: For when I was feeling American.
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant: Options are good!
- Alternative meal arrangement: The staff were super accommodating to my dietary needs.
- Happy hour: OH YES!
- Desserts in restaurant: My weakness.
- Bottle of water: Always accessible.
- Room service [24-hour]: Dangerously convenient.
- Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: Healthy options too!
The Mess Behind My Plate: The buffet breakfast? Glorious. A sprawling spread of everything you can imagine. The problem? I ate everything. I mean, everything. Let’s just say I left a small indentation on the dining room chair. And I can’t deny that I ate more Pad Thai than I care to admit. You know what, I'm not even going to be ashamed. It was beautiful. It was delicious. It was my vacation.
Dining Rating: 5/5 - Would eat until I exploded again. Absolutely!
Pamper Yourself Like You Mean It: Ways to Relax & Things To Do
This is where the "Unforgettable" really starts to take shape. Seriously, get ready for some delicious details.
The Spa: A Paradise of… Relaxation: This is where the real magic happens. Okay, let me set the scene:
Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage: The works! I had a full-body massage, and I’m pretty sure I levitated off the table. The masseuse was magic, seriously. I’m now convinced my muscles have never been happier.
Pool with view: The best place for a good time.
Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: All accessible.
Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Gorgeous. Spent a lot of time basking here.
Fitness center, Gym/fitness: If you’re into that, it’s there. I, uh, mostly looked at it. After all those buffets, I should have hit this more.
Beyond Bliss:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly: If you’re traveling with kids, they’ve got you covered.
- Kids meal: For the mini-me’s in your life.
My One Obsession: I spent an absurd amount of time by the pool. I mean, a ridiculous amount. I read, I swam, I sipped cocktails… and I just breathed. The view was stunning. The water was perfect. The service was impeccable. I got completely lost in it.
Relaxation Rating: 5/5 - Pure, unadulterated bliss. Worth the price of admission alone.
Cleanliness and Safety: The New Normal
Let’s be real, traveling during… gestures vaguely at the world… is a bit anxiety-inducing. Here’s how this hotel faired:
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: They went above and beyond. I felt genuinely safe.
- **CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Smoke detectors, Security [24-hour], Safety
Batam Bonanza: A Holiday Hotel Rollercoaster (aka My Totally Unplanned Itinerary)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is more like… a slightly-unhinged travelogue written in between bites of Nasi Goreng and desperate prayers for decent Wi-Fi. We're in Batam, Indonesia, at the Holiday Hotel, and let me tell you, it's a vibe.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Debacle (or, How I Almost Lost My Entire Wardrobe)
- Morning (8:00 AM): Arrive at Hang Nadim Airport (BTH). The air hits you like a warm, humid hug. Or maybe that's just the jet lag talking. Immigration? Smooth as butter. The baggage claim, however… a chaotic ballet of lost suitcases and weary travelers. My heart rate was officially sky-high during the agonizing wait for my beloved pink, slightly-too-large suitcase. Finally, success! (Phew.)
- Mid-morning (9:30 AM): Taxi ride to the Holiday Hotel. The driver, bless his soul, didn't speak much English, but he did have a killer smile and a playlist of Indonesian pop that got me grooving. The hotel itself? A faded grandeur kind of place. Think "tropical elegance… with a hint of '80s charm.'" (Don't get me wrong, it's clean, the staff is friendly, just… vintage, you know?)
- Late Morning (10:30 AM): Check-in. Smooth, quick, and efficient. The room? Okay, it's clean and has a balcony, but I swear I can hear the ghosts of karaoke singers past. Am I being dramatic? Maybe. But I'm also genuinely worried I'll wake up to a full-blown Indonesian sing-along.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): In-house restaurant. Ordered Nasi Goreng. Solid. Not life-altering, but definitely a delicious way to begin my Batam journey.
- Afternoon (1:30 PM-4:00 PM): Poolside lounging. Tried to read my book. Failed. The sun was brutal. Kept getting distracted by the hilarious antics of a family of kids playing Marco Polo. And the constant stream of "Would you like a massage, Miss?" from various spa attendants was both tempting and slightly overwhelming.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Walk around the hotel vicinity. Surprisingly, the environment has a refreshing feeling.
- Dinner (7:30 PM): Dinner at the hotel. Attempted to order something more adventurous than Nasi Goreng. Ended up with… essentially, Nasi Goreng with a different sauce. Oh well. At least the Bintang (Indonesian beer) was cold.
- Evening (8:30 PM-10:00 PM): Stared at the karaoke bar, contemplating making a fool of myself. Decided against it. Opted for an early night (jet lag!).
Day 2: Spa Day (and the Questionable Massage)
Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast. Cereal. Not exactly the Indonesian culinary experience I was hoping for, but my stomach was rebelling against any more spicy food.
Mid-morning (10:00 AM): Spa time! So, this was supposed to be the epitome of relaxation. I booked a Balinese massage, visions of smooth, oiled perfection dancing in my head. Reality? Let's just say the masseuse was… enthusiastic. It started great, then descended into a series of bone-crushing maneuvers that left me feeling like I'd gone ten rounds with a particularly agile octopus. I think I may have yelped. Twice. Did I feel relaxed afterward? Sort of? More like… structurally rearranged.
Lunch (12:00 PM): Back to the in-house restaurant. Settled for something bland. Comfort food.
Afternoon (1:00 AM-4:00 PM): The heat was too much. The hotel pool was too crowded. I ended up rewatching the same two episodes of a terrible reality show. Just trying to survive.
Late Afternoon (5:00 PM): Explored the city.
Dinner (7:00 PM): I found it! A local warung (small restaurant) with the best seafood noodles. The flavors! The spice! The sheer unadulterated deliciousness! This is what I came for. I'm still dreaming about it.
Evening (8:30 PM): Walk around the city. Day 3: Shopping and the Great Wi-Fi Hunt
Morning (9:00 AM): Stumbled out of bed after an awful night of sleep. I had a nightmare I was trapped in a karaoke machine.
Mid-morning (10:00 AM): Armed with a map and a dwindling sense of adventure, I decided to hit the shopping malls. The air conditioning was glorious. The shopping? Meh. Mostly the same international brands you can find anywhere. I did pick up a ridiculously patterned beach towel, though, so not a total loss.
Lunch (12:30 PM): Lunch in a mall food court. More blandness. More regret.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The Great Wi-Fi Hunt. I'd heard the hotel's Wi-Fi was spotty. (Understatement of the century.) Spent the afternoon wandering the hotel grounds, holding my phone aloft like some kind of digital antenna, attempting to catch a signal. Eventually, I found a sweet spot near the pool, but the connection was still about as reliable as a politician's promise. Major first-world problem, I know, but a girl's gotta check her emails, right? Eventually, I gave up in defeated sighs.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening (5:00 PM-7:00 PM): Attempted to watch the sunset. The weather was bad. Decided to rest.
Dinner (8:00 AM): The hotel again. Chicken with rice. It did the job.
Evening (9:00 PM): Packing. Dread.
Day 4: Departure (and Farewell to the Karaoke Ghosts - hopefully)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up early dreading the packing. Did a final sweep to make sure I didn't forget anything.
- Breakfast (8:00 AM): Last breakfast at the hotel. One final dose of cereal. Sigh.
- Check out (9:00 AM): Easy process, nice people.
- Airport (10:00 AM): Got myself to the airport.
- Departure (12:00 PM): Waiting for my flight now.
Final Thoughts:
Batam? It's… different. It's not a picture-perfect paradise, and it's certainly not without its quirks. But it has a certain charm, a realness that I appreciated. The food was amazing (except when it wasn't), the people were friendly, and even the occasionally questionable massage added to the experience. Would I go back? Maybe. If only to conquer the karaoke bar. And maybe to finally find consistently good Wi-Fi.
P.S. If anyone knows where to find decent Wi-Fi in Batam, please let me know. I'm serious.
Broadbeach Savannah Resort: Your Aussie Paradise Awaits!Okay, spill the tea. Is this "Best Holiday Hotel" *really* all it's cracked up to be in Batam? I've seen the ads... it's always sus, right?
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because I'm about to get *real*. The ads are... well, they're advertising. Pretty pictures, perfect smiles, the works. But let me tell you, stepping into this place... it's like you've wandered into a glossy magazine spread, except you're wearing, you know, travel-weary clothes and your hair's a mess from the flight. Honestly? Initially, a little *too* perfect. That pristine lobby, that flawless marble... I was almost expecting someone to jump out and tell me I was on a hidden camera show (and honestly, after the flight, I wouldn't have been surprised).
But then... then the magic happened. The bellhop – bless his heart – actually *smiled* genuinely! No forced, robotic grin. He was friendly, helpful… even gave me a tip on a local food stall (more on that later, it's legendary). So, yeah, sus factor initially high, but then... it started feeling pretty darn *real* and darn good. So, yes, it's good. Really good. But it’s not without its bumps, let me tell you.
The rooms! Are they actually as luxurious as they claim? And what about the view?
Okay, picture this: I walk into my room. And… wow. Now, I'm not usually *that* easily impressed, a seasoned budget traveler, but even I gasped. The view? Ocean, of course! But not just *ocean*. The bluest, sparkliest, "I-want-to-jump-in-and-swim-forever" ocean you can imagine. The room itself? Huge. Seriously, I felt like I was in a freakin' palace. Big bed, fluffy pillows, enough space to do cartwheels (which I, ahem, may or may not have tried). The bathroom? Marble. The shower? Rainfall. The toiletries? Smelled like a tropical vacation in a bottle.
But here's the kicker. A tiny imperfection, right? Like the tiniest chip in a marble, maybe? Nope! It's perfect, almost suspiciously so. It's the kind of place where you're almost afraid to touch anything, for fear of messing it up. And the view? During the day, phenomenal. But in the evening? The ocean's all dark and mysterious… and I swore I heard whispers coming from the waves. Okay, maybe I'd been jet-lagged a bit, but still!
Let's talk food. Is the food good? Like, *really* good? Any hidden culinary gems I should know about?
The food. Oh, sweet, glorious food. Okay, the hotel restaurant? Fantastic! The breakfast buffet? An absolute *beast*. Everything you could possibly want and then some. Fresh fruit, pastries to die for, omelets made to order… I may have gained five pounds in a week. But the *real* magic? That local food stall the bellhop mentioned?
It was a little hole-in-the-wall place, maybe a five-minute walk from the hotel. Honestly, if you blinked, you'd miss it. It served noodles, local specialties, and unbelievably delicious seafood. The best part? It was CHEAP! Like, ridiculously cheap. And the people? So friendly! I felt like a local the very first day. The food was better than I've had in any Michelin star restaurant. I'm still dreaming of those noodles. Seriously. That alone is worth the trip, forget the hotel. Okay, maybe not, but the food there is THAT good. The hotel food is great, but the experience of this little stall? That's priceless.
Pool time! What's the pool situation like? Any overcrowding or screaming kids? I need my zen!
The pool... ah, the pool. So, the hotel has multiple pools. The main one? Gorgeous. Infinity-edge, overlooking the ocean, swim-up bar... all the bells and whistles. And yes, there were kids. A few. They were, you know, *kids*. Loud, splashing, occasionally screaming. But honestly? It wasn't awful. It was manageable. Not a zen retreat, mind you, but definitely not a complete circus either.
BUT. Here's a secret. There's a smaller, quieter pool tucked away near the spa. Almost *always* empty. That one? Pure zen. Seriously, I spent hours there, just floating, sunbathing, and trying to forget the stresses of life. It was a total escape. My advice? Find that second pool BEFORE you end up trying to meditate at the noisy main pool! You'll thank me later.
Activities?! What is there to *do*, besides lounge by the pool and eat?
Okay, so you could lounge by the pool. You *should* lounge by the pool. But there's more! The hotel offers excursions... like, boat trips to other islands, scuba diving, jet skiing, the whole shebang. I did a snorkeling trip. It was... okay. I'm not a huge fan of the ocean. I was never a water person. I preferred the pool. The snorkeling was pretty, but not *mind-blowing*. Lots of fish, pretty coral, the usual.
But my advice? Ditch the hotel-organized stuff. Explore! Batam is full of hidden gems!! I rented a scooter (the hotel can help with that), and just... drove. I got lost. I got directions from friendly locals. I saw things I never would've found on a tour. And that, my friend, is the best way to truly experience Batam.
Spa day! Give me the details, is it worth it? Because spa prices are usually a rip-off...
Ah, the spa. Yes! Go! Do it! It's worth every single penny. I was skeptical, like you. Spa prices, generally, are highway robbery. But the treatments? Heaven. The ambiance? Tranquil. The masseuse? Pure magic.
I got the full body massage. Honestly, I thought I was going to melt. The place was so quiet and peaceful, the smell of essential oils and herbs, the music… I think I almost fell asleep while they were talking about my aches and pains. It was an experience. One of those times where you close your eyes and think "Yes. This is the life.“ So, yes. Do it. Especially if you spent the day jet skiing which, from experience, I recommend.
Overall, the Verdict? Would you go back? And would you recommend it to someone else?
Okay, the verdict. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Honestly, I'm already planning my return. This hotel? It's not just a place to stay; it's an experience.Book Hotels Now