Escape to Stillwater: Your Perfect University Area Stay at Holiday Inn Express!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stillwater - University Area By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stillwater - University Area By IHG United States

Escape to Stillwater: Your Perfect University Area Stay at Holiday Inn Express!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Holiday Inn Express in Stillwater, Oklahoma! This isn't your sterile corporate review – this is the lowdown on a place I actually slept in. Let's get messy, let's get real, and let's find out if this place is a chill spot for a visit near the university or just another cookie-cutter hotel.

First Impressions: "Ugh, Parking!" and the Elevator of Doom (or Delight?)

Okay, real talk: the parking lot situation can be a bit of a scramble, especially if you're arriving late. And while they do have free parking (hallelujah!), it's the kind where you might end up doing a few laps before snagging a spot close to the entrance – a minor inconvenience, sure, but who doesn't want to avoid a hike with their luggage? They do have a car charging station which is a plus.

The elevator: a crucial test for any hotel. This one wasn't particularly fancy, but it did its job. Clean, and didn't feel like it was about to plummet to the depths of the earth. Success! Plus, the elevator makes the hotel accessible which is a big plus.

Accessibility – A Surprisingly Thoughtful Touch

Speaking of accessibility, the Holiday Inn Express Stillwater seems to get it. They've got facilities for disabled guests that I didn't personally need, but I noticed them. This is a major win. Elevator access obviously, which is a must. And of course, rooms are all wheelchair accessible. It’s more inclusive than I expected, which is a very very very good sign. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property are great for safety, especially in an area with a lot of new students. You could tell they're trying.

The Room: Cozy and…Functional. (With a Mini-Bar Mystery)

The room! Okay, picture this: a standard hotel room, but clean and, dare I say, pleasant? The air conditioning worked beautifully (a HUGE deal in Oklahoma), and there was a desk for when you HAVE to do work. The bed was comfy, and I slept like a rock. Blackout curtains? Bless 'em! They were essential in the middle of summer, since it stays light outside until later, and I wasn't looking to wake up with the sun. And the free Wi-Fi? Crucial. Worked perfectly, no hiccups. Internet access – wireless was fast, which is a godsend.

The bathroom was clean and, as advertised, featured a separate shower/bathtub. The toiletries were the usual hotel fare, but hey, at least they were there.

Now, the mini-bar: it claimed to be there - but there wasn't anything in it. I'm not sure if the mini bar was empty or a ghost bar, but I certainly didn't see any drinks, which was a bummer.

Amenities: Gym, Pool, and the Great Breakfast Debacle (more on that later!)

  • Fitness Center: Small, but it had the basics. You won't be training for the Olympics here, but it's fine for a quick cardio session or lifting some weights.
  • Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: The outdoor pool, it looked inviting, and the way it was set up gave it a kind of spa feel, with a pool with a view.
  • Breakfast: They had the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast. More on this later, because it’s a whole emotional rollercoaster.
  • Other Services: Laundry service, daily housekeeping: all the usual suspects, and all done well.

Food and Drink: The Breakfast and “Meh” Options

  • Breakfast [buffet]: Oh, the breakfast. I'm not a buffet person in general, but it's a necessary evil when you're on the road. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast was… well, it was a breakfast. There were the usual suspects: scrambled eggs (questionable origin), sausage (definitely processed), cereal, yogurt, and the toaster situation was a bit chaotic. It depends on what you are looking for. There was Asian breakfast available since they were serving Asian cuisine in restaurant. Then there's Western breakfast and Western cuisine in restaurant. It's a good thing they had breakfast takeaway service.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: They also had a coffee shop, which was nice for the early morning.
  • Poolside bar: I'd love to spend more time with the poolside bar, but it was not what I was looking for at the moment.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Thankfully, there was a coffee/tea maker in my room.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Protected

This is where the Holiday Inn Express shined. The place felt spotless. The rooms felt sanitized like they had been professionally sanitized. I saw anti-viral cleaning products being used, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. It's a comfort to know they're taking things seriously. Hand sanitizer stations were readily available.

Things to do:

  • Things to do: the location near Stillwater makes it easy to find things to do. A good way to relax is to sit by the pool for a while.

Staff: Friendly (Mostly)

The staff were generally friendly and helpful, though I did have one or two interactions that felt a bit… rushed. Other than that, no complaints. They were also good at wearing masks.

The Verdict: Worth it? YES, with a Few Caveats!

So, would I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Stillwater? Absolutely. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean, and safe place to stay while visiting the university area, then this is a solid choice. However, remember:

  • The breakfast…it's a breakfast. Manage your expectations.
  • Parking can be competitive, so plan accordingly.
  • The mini-bar may be empty.

Final Thoughts:

This place is a winner. It's clean, safe, and has all the necessary amenities. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and will spend most of your time out and about visiting the university, then this is a fantastic option.

The ULTIMATE Offer - Book NOW!

Escape to Stillwater: Your Perfect University Area Stay at Holiday Inn Express!

Tired of Generic Hotel Stays? Craving Comfort, Convenience, and a Touch of Calm?

Then look no further than the Holiday Inn Express in Stillwater! We're not just a hotel; we're your home base for exploring the university and all the surrounding areas.

Here's Why You Should Book NOW:

  • Immaculate Cleanliness: Rest easy knowing your room has been professionally cleaned and sanitized for your protection. We use hospital-grade cleaning products, frequent disinfection protocols, and offer room sanitization opt-out options for your peace of mind.
  • Comfort and Convenience: Settle into a cozy, well-appointed room with a comfortable bed, blackout curtains, and free Wi-Fi. Need to work? We also give you a desktop to work on. Wake up with a hot shower in a private bathroom with toileteries, and plan for the day.
  • Stay Connected: Free, high-speed Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas ensures you're always connected.
  • Accessibility: We're committed to providing a welcoming stay for all, with wheelchair accessible rooms and thoughtful amenities.
  • Park and Relax: Free on-site parking, and a gym with a pool with a view, offer peace of mind.
  • Ready for the Week: Laundry, and daily housekeeping makes sure to keep your visit as stress-free as possible.

But hurry! This offer won't last, and we're booking up fast!

Click here to Book your Stay at Holiday Inn Express Stillwater and save BIG!

Don't miss out on a great hotel stay. Book Now!

Heungbuga Hanok: South Korea's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stillwater - University Area By IHG United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Stillwater, Oklahoma adventure that's less "polished travel brochure" and more "slightly chaotic, but ultimately heartwarming memory". This is my itinerary, but honestly, consider it more of a guideline. Life, and Oklahoma, has a funny way of throwing you curveballs. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Grand (and Slightly Grimy) Stillwater Expedition: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edition (aka, My Temporary Fortress)

Day 1: Arrival, Uncertainty, and the Pursuit of a Decent Coffee

  • 1:00 PM: Flight Lands (or, Let's Hope It Does)
    • Okay, first things first: the flight. Praying it's on time. I'm notorious for cutting it close. Remember that one time I almost missed the plane in, um… (checks notes) …Barcelona? Let's just say I learned the hard way that "showing up five minutes before boarding" doesn't always work. Especially with my luggage habits. Packing is my mortal enemy.
  • 2:30 PM: Taxi/Uber/Someone's Uncle Picks Me Up (fingers crossed)
    • Getting to the hotel. Hopefully the driver isn't one of those folks who really wants to talk. Sometimes all you need is the silence of a car ride to decompress after that airline chaos.
  • 3:30 PM: Check-in at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Sanctuary!
    • Ah, the Holiday Inn Express. My home for the next few days. It’s clean, it's got a fridge, and hopefully the AC works. I'm a sucker for a good AC unit. Let's hope the free "hot" breakfast is actually hot. Otherwise, it's off to find a decent coffee shop. Priorities!
  • 4:00 PM: The Great Coffee Quest
    • Okay, this is crucial. Need caffeine. Desperately. I heard there's a place called "Daily Dose Coffee & Tea." Anyone know if it's any good?! Or is it just another generic chain? I'm on the lookout for local charm - the more quirky, the better. The coffee is the foundation of my day. Without good coffee, I am a grumpy, caffeine-deprived gremlin.
  • 5:00 PM: Settling In & Unpacking (or, Making a Mess)
    • Unpacking is a battle. It’s an art form I have yet to master. Usually consists of throwing my clothes in various locations around the room. Living out of a suitcase has its own kind of charm, right? Right?
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner - Whatever Smells Good
    • I've got no concrete plans. Exploring options. Maybe something local? Burgers? Soul food? I'm open to suggestions. Might consult Yelp (aka, the oracle of dining).
  • 7:30 PM: Evening Stroll & Initial Stillwater Vibes
    • I'm a sucker for exploring a new town on foot. Just wandering around, taking in the architecture, smelling the smells (good and bad). I always look for the quirky details – the chipped paint on a building, the weird statue in the park, the local bar with the dodgy neon sign.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime Ritual (attempted)
    • Try to sleep. Maybe. End the day with a weird TV show and a feeling of excited anticipation.

Day 2: Aggie Adventures and the Search for the Perfect Nachos

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast… Let's Face the Buffet of Doom
    • Praying the "hot" breakfast is at least warm. The mystery of the scrambled eggs looms… Maybe I'll just stick to toast and coffee.
  • 8:00 AM: Stillwater - The University Area
    • Exploring the campus. I’m not a student but it's fun to walk around and soak up some youthful energy (if the weather allows). Plus, the architecture is usually pretty cool. I am a culture vulture with questionable credentials.
  • 10:00 AM: OSU Campus - A Walk Through the Halls
    • A walk around the campus, looking at the architecture, maybe catch a glimpse of some sports practice. I'm looking for the secret gems. And bathrooms, because you always need to know where the good facilities are.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch - The Quest for the Perfect Nachos
    • I have a mission. I’m on a quest for the perfect plate of nachos. This is serious business. Researching local spots that might provide the cheesy goodness I crave. It’ll be a tough one.
  • 2:00 PM: Shopping (maybe)
    • I'm not much of a shopper. Unless it’s for a truly unique trinket. I don't need a lot of material things, but something to remember the trip by?
  • 4:00 PM: Downtown Stroll & Hidden Treasures
    • Another walk. Downtown this time. Looking for small, local shops. I always try to find a postcard to send to the one friend who actually gets them.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner & Live Music (hopefully!)
    • Find a local dinner joint, with karaoke or live music. If I'm feeling brave, I might even sing. (Don’t hold your breath. My voice is like a rusty gate).
  • 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel, or…
    • Enjoy the nighttime views and the hotel vibes.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime Ritual (or, Watching TV)
    • Good night!

Day 3: Departure & Reflections (and the Aftermath of All the Coffee)

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast. The Final Showdown.
    • One last attempt at the "hot" breakfast. Wish me luck.
  • 8:00 AM: Last-Minute Souvenir Hunt (or, Panic Shopping)
    • Did I forget something? Should I buy something? I'm terrible at remembering things.
  • 9:00 AM: Check Out - Goodbye, Holiday Inn Express!
    • Time to leave. Hopefully, I haven't left anything vital behind.
  • 10:00 AM: Airport Bound (or, Whatever Ride I Can Scrounge)
    • Saying goodbye to Stillwater. I am always surprised by how attached I get to places when I travel.
  • 12:00 PM: Flight - Please Be On Time!
    • On the plane. Reflecting on the trip. What a wild ride!
  • 1:00 PM: Touchdown, Home
    • I'm home. Time to unpack (eventually).

Final Thoughts:

This is not a perfect itinerary. It’s a suggestion. Things will go wrong. Plans will change. And that’s okay. The best travel stories are the ones you don’t plan for. So, here's to Stillwater, Oklahoma, and whatever adventures await! Wishing everyone a safe and memorable trip!

Escape to Paradise: New Sunrise Village, Thailand Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stillwater - University Area By IHG United States

Escape to Stillwater: Your (Maybe Slightly Messy) Guide to the Holiday Inn Express!

Okay, So...Is This Place Actually *Good*? Like, for Real? (I'm a College Student, We're Suspicious.)

Look, let's be honest. You're in Stillwater. Expectations are already...calibrated. The Holiday Inn Express is... well, it's a Holiday Inn Express. It's got the basics. Comfy beds? Yep, usually. Free breakfast? Absolutely. (More on that later... it's a saga.) Is it the Ritz? Buddy, no. Is it a good place to crash, study (kinda), and maybe survive a weekend of college chaos? Absolutely. I stayed here last year during a parent's weekend, and honestly, it was surprisingly... peaceful? Except for the occasional door slam at 3 AM. (Earplugs, people, earplugs.)

That Free Breakfast…Is it the "Hotel Breakfast Blues" or Actually Okay? TELL ME THE TRUTH.

Okay, the truth. The breakfast is...an adventure. It's the classic HIE spread: eggs, sausage, waffles (the waffle maker is a LIFESAVER, seriously), cereal, yogurt, fruit, the usual suspects. Here's the *real* tea: Sometimes, the eggs are...questionable. Like, they might be a bit *too* beige. But! The waffles! They're consistently great. Master the waffle-making art, and you’re golden. One time, and I swear this is true, I saw a kid fill a plate with *only* waffles. Respect. And the coffee? Hit or miss. Sometimes it's pure, caffeinated glory. Other times, it tastes faintly of sadness. I bring my own instant sometimes. Don't judge.

Is the Location Actually Convenient for Oklahoma State University Stuff?

Yeah, the location's pretty solid. You're close enough to campus to be there in a reasonable amount of time. Walking? Maybe not. Especially if you're carrying a mountain of textbooks and/ or hungover. Uber/Lyft is easy, and there's probably a bus route that runs nearby. But, like, everything in Stillwater is drivable. It’s not like trying to navigate NYC, thank goodness. You're also close to restaurants and… the legendary Eskimo Joe's (a MUST-DO, even if you’re not a big cheese fries person). Bonus points: easier access to get *out* of Stillwater on game day, which is a HUGE win.

The Rooms... Are They Clean? (I'm a Germ AVOIDANCE CHAMPION)

Generally, yes. They are decent. They're not *sparkling* laboratory clean, but they're clean enough. I've never found anything truly horrifying, like, ancient pizza under the bed. (Thank goodness). The housekeeping staff seems to do a good job. But, if you're SUPER germ-phobic, bring your own wipes for the remotes and doorknobs. You know the drill. Because hotel life.

Okay, What About the Wi-Fi? Because, you know, COLLEGE. And Netflix. (Priorities.)

The Wi-Fi is… variable. Sometimes it's lightning fast, letting you stream your entire binge-watching list. Other times… it’s the digital equivalent of molasses. Be prepared to occasionally tether to your phone, especially during peak hours (like, you know, when everyone’s trying to do homework or watch Netflix before the game). Pro-tip: try different spots in the room. Sometimes, the signal is better near the window. Or, just embrace the chaos and use it as an excuse to actually talk to people. (I know, I know… a radical idea.)

Is There a Pool? Because...Reasons. (Mostly Relaxation, Okay?)

Yes, there's a pool! It’s a nice little indoor pool. Perfect for a quick dip after a long day of classes or a game. It's not Olympic-sized or anything, but it does the trick. I will warn you though, sometimes the pool area can smell faintly of chlorine and… well, let's just say "shared experiences." (Kids, people, you know how it goes). But, hey, a pool is a pool! Just, maybe, don't expect a spa experience.

Parking? Is it a NIGHTMARE, or Manageable?

Parking is… generally okay. It's free, which is a MAJOR win. During peak times (game days, graduation, etc.) it can fill up, and you might have to park a little further away. Be prepared to walk a bit. But it’s not as bad as trying to find parking *on* campus. Seriously, that’s a special kind of torture. You should be okay. Just don't be surprised if you have to circle for a bit during a busy weekend.

What About the Staff? Are They Nice?

Generally, they're perfectly pleasant. The front desk staff is usually friendly and helpful. They’ll answer your questions, give you extra towels (a definite win!), and generally try to make your stay comfortable. They've got to deal with a lot of college student shenanigans, and honestly, they’re probably saints. I've had a few interactions that could be considered memorable in the best and worst ways, but overall, they’re pretty good. Just be nice to them, okay? We're all trying to survive.

What's the Worst Thing About the Holiday Inn Express in Stillwater, According to You? The REAL Downside?

Okay, be prepared. My worst experience? The noise. Specifically, the walls. They're thin. Sometimes, you hear *everything*. Party next door? You're invited. Couple arguing? You're their therapist. The guy above me practicing the trumpet at 2 AM? You get the picture. Bring earplugs. Seriously. Pack them. And maybe a white noise machine, too. It's not ALWAYS noisy, but when it is… ugh. It's the only real downside, for me, that has the power to ruin the entire experience. And one time, I swear, I overheard an entire conversation about the best kind of cereal from four rooms away. THAT was a low point.

Hotel Price Compare

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stillwater - University Area By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stillwater - University Area By IHG United States