**Xi'an's BEST Hotel Near Zhonglou? (Jinjiang Inn Review!)**

Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station China

Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station China

**Xi'an's BEST Hotel Near Zhonglou? (Jinjiang Inn Review!)**

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling, sometimes chaotic, but ultimately necessary world of Xi'an hotels! And, specifically, Xi'an's BEST Hotel Near Zhonglou? (Jinjiang Inn Review!)… or at least, my Jinjiang Inn experience, which, let me tell you, was a rollercoaster.

(Disclaimer: My definition of "best" might slightly differ from yours. I’m prioritizing location, accessibility, and a general feeling of not accidentally wandering into a horror movie set. And, you know, clean sheets.)

First Impressions & The Zhonglou Zoom:

Right, so, you're in Xi'an. You're probably there to see the Terracotta Army (mind-blowing, seriously), climb the City Wall (prepare those glutes!), and generally soak up ancient Chinese history. The Zhonglou (Bell Tower) is pretty much smack-dab in the middle of it all, making it a perfect landmark for "how far away am I?" purposes, and the Jinjiang Inn, depending on which specific branch you're talking about, is strategically located near that glorious, photogenic bell. That's a HUGE plus. Forget hauling your luggage halfway across the city after those historical tours – location wins!

Accessibility – The Elevator Saga & Beyond

Okay, let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way: Accessibility. This is personal for me, so I'm getting real. The Jinjiang Inn website claims to be accessible. And, technically, it is in a way. There's an elevator. Yes! An elevator! (Insert triumphant music.) However, I remember a minor incident with the elevator, it was a little bit… slow. And sometimes… it decided to take a nap. But overall, pretty good!

  • Wheelchair accessible: Yes, elevators are available. The hallways, while not palace-sized, seemed manageable. The real test is the bathroom. The rooms are accessible, but the actual maneuvering and turn-around space should be better.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Honestly, I'm not sure what the hotel calls "facilities," I did not see them, so I'd contact the front desk before booking if you have specific needs.

Rooms & Comfort – Cleanliness is Next to Godliness (Especially After a Day of Sightseeing)

Okay, let's talk rooms. Cleanliness is paramount. After traipsing around dusty historical sites, all you want is a clean, comfortable space to collapse in. My room was… relatively clean. I might have wiped down the surfaces with my own antibacterial wipes (don't judge!), but overall, it met my basic hygiene requirements.

  • Available in all rooms: Let's run through the room, in style!
    • Air conditioning: Essential in Xi'an's heat. Works.
    • Alarm clock: Check. Though I mostly rely on my phone.
    • Bathrobes: Nah. Bring your own.
    • Bathroom phone: Seriously? No one needs that.
    • Bathtub, Separate shower/bathtub: Varies by room. I didn’t need it.
    • Blackout curtains: YES. Those are a lifesaver, especially if you want to sleep past sunrise.
    • Closet: Yes
    • Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker: Essential for morning ritual.
    • Daily housekeeping: They came every day.
    • Desk, Laptop workspace: Functional. Nothing fancy.
    • Extra long bed: Maybe. More like "relatively long."
    • Free bottled water: Always appreciated. Dehydration is not your friend.
    • Hair dryer: Yep. (Thank the heavens.)
    • High floor: Depends what you want.
    • In-room safe box: For your passport and valuables.
    • Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free], Wi-Fi in all rooms!: ALL GOOD.
    • Ironing facilities: If you MUST iron, yes.
    • Laptop workspace, Desk: Standard.
    • Linens, Mirror, Slippers, Toiletries, Towels: Basic, but serviceable.
    • Mini bar: Not in my room.
    • Non-smoking, Smoking area: Non-smoking is more relevant.
    • On-demand movies: Nope.
    • Private bathroom: Yes, thankfully.
    • Reading light, Socket near the bed: Important details for a nighttime book and your phone
    • Refrigerator: Maybe?
    • Safety/security feature, Smoke detector: Present.
    • Satellite/cable channels: Meh.
    • Scale: I didn’t use it.
    • Seating area: Depends on your room.
    • Shower: Yes.
    • Sofa: Maybe?
    • Soundproofing: Adequate. You won't hear a marching band, but you might hear the occasional hallway chatter.
    • Telephone: Still a thing!
    • Towels, Umbrella: Check.
    • Visual alarm: Not sure.
    • Wake-up service: Available.
    • Window that opens: Some do. Crucial for fresh air.

Dining, Drinking, & Snacking – Fueling the Adventure

Okay, food! This is where things get…interesting.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: The holy grail of hotel breakfasts. The Jinjiang Inn, usually has one.
  • Asian breakfast: Think noodles, congee (rice porridge), maybe some steamed buns.
  • Western breakfast: Expect toast, eggs, and whatever pale imitation of bacon they can muster.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Essential.
  • Restaurants: They have them.
  • Room service [24-hour]: A lifesaver when you crave late-night noodles.
  • Snack bar: Always a plus for emergency chocolate cravings.
  • Bottle of water: YES, always good
  • A la carte in restaurant, Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Poolside bar, Salad in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant: I have not tested all these.

Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

  • Air conditioning in public area: YES. Xi'an summers are brutal.
  • Cash withdrawal: ATM on site.
  • Concierge: Basic. Helpful for directions.
  • Currency exchange: Available.
  • Daily housekeeping: They're there.
  • Doorman: Sometimes. Depends on the specific branch.
  • Elevator: YES! (See earlier elevator drama.)
  • Facilities for disabled guests: See accessibility section.
  • Food delivery: Plenty of options.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: Small, but handy for emergency souvenirs.
  • Laundry service, Ironing service: Check.
  • Luggage storage: Definitely available.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities: Probably, but not used during my visit.
  • Safety deposit boxes: Always a good idea.
  • Smoking area: Available, if you're into that.
  • Terrace: Could be fun.
  • Airport transfer: Often available, book your trip!
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: Car park is important!
  • Cashless payment service, Contactless check-in/out: Modern necessities.
  • Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Staff trained in safety protocol: Good to know.
  • Essential condiments, Rooms sanitized between stays: Appreciated.

Cleanliness & Safety – A Critical Check

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: These precautions are a must nowadays. I could see some of these in action.
  • Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms: Important.
  • Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Convenient.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Beyond the Terracotta Army

  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: I didn’t see one.
  • Massage, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Unlikely, but check with the hotel.
  • Sauna, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Not in the particular Jinjiang Inn I stayed at.
  • **Bab
Uncover Hidden Luxury: Germany's Best Western Geheimer Rat Awaits!

Book Now

Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station China

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into my Xi'an adventure, specifically from the glorious (and sometimes slightly confusing) Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station. This isn't your glossy, perfectly-curated travel blog. This is me, messy and real, trying to navigate a city that's ancient, chaotic, and utterly captivating.

Day 1: Arrival, Noodles, and the Unforeseen Meltdown

  • Morning (or, more accurately, Mid-Afternoon): Ugh, flights. The bane of my existence. Arrived at Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (XIY). Luggage retrieved, which was a minor miracle considering my packing skills. The airport express? Found it, eventually. Got to the Jinjiang Inn. Okay, the room is… functional. Clean, thankfully. The air con’s working. Small victories.

  • Lunchtime (or, more accurately, 3 p.m. and Hangry): Right, food. MUST. EAT. Headed out to find the fabled biang biang noodles. Found a dingy little place near Zhonglou North Street Metro Station, packed with locals. YES! This is what I’m talking about. The noodles… were a religious experience! Absolutely massive, chewy, and slathered in chili oil. I think I might have shed a single tear of joy. I am so glad finding this place, and the price is cheap, the noodles are great.

  • Afternoon: Meltdown at the Bell Tower and the Drum Tower: Okay, so, the Bell Tower and the Drum Tower. Visually stunning. Photos don't do it justice. But, crowds. Oh, the crowds. I attempted to navigate the hordes of tourists, armed with my ridiculously detailed itinerary and my dwindling patience. Found a small shop to buy water, but it was too late, I was caught by the crowd and I became overwhelmed. The heat, the noise, the sheer volume of people… completely and utterly. I. Lost. It. Right then and there, I had a full-blown, ugly-cry, snotty-nose, “I hate everyone and everything” meltdown. Sat on a random bench, clutching my water bottle like a lifeline, muttering about the irony of seeking ancient tranquility and finding only abject chaos. I can't tell you how embarrassing that moment was. And this is the first day! Decided the day needed an early end and headed back to the hotel, feeling quite defeated.

  • Evening: Ordered some instant noodles and a coke from the small shop and watched some Chinese TV. The drama was terrible, but I couldn't understand it anyway. Felt a bit better after a good night's sleep.

Day 2: The Terracotta Army and the Eternal Quest for Bathroom Breaks

  • Morning: Terracotta Army! This was the reason I came to Xi'an. Took the bus (another adventure in itself – bargaining with the bus driver was a hilarious attempt at cultural exchange) to the site. The sheer scale of the army is breathtaking. Jaw-dropping, really. The faces, the details, the idea that these were created centuries ago… it's mind-boggling. I spent a good three hours just wandering around, gawking, and trying to absorb it all. The energy of the entire place is like a museum.

  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Now, about those bathrooms… This is where the imperfections of travel really rear their ugly heads (and sometimes, their unspeakable smells). Public restrooms in China… let's just say they're rustic. The lines were long. The facilities, well, let's leave it at that. I think I spent more time strategizing bathroom breaks than appreciating the warriors. The only thing I can say is the bathroom is not like home.

  • Afternoon: Back in the city. Felt the need for a pick-me-up. Found a cute little café near the Muslim Quarter. Tried some of what I thought was 'amazing coffee', but was wrong, and it was more like a vaguely caffeinated brown liquid. Sat and watched the world go by. That was a good moment. Watching the children play, the food vendor preparing and selling foods from the street, all this is what I needed to refresh and reset my mood.

  • Evening: Dinner at the Muslim Quarter. Okay, this is a must-do. The smells alone are incredible. The food… so many choices! Lamb skewers, street buns, noodles – all delicious. Maybe I over-ate a little. Okay, I ate a lot. And the crowds, of course, were intense. I loved it! The energy, the chaos, the sensory overload… it was all part of the experience.

Day 3: City Walls, Cycling, and a Moment of Zen

  • Morning: Decided to conquer the Xi'an City Wall. Rented a bike and cycled along the top. I was terrified that I'd fall off, the wall is high, and I'd become a tourist-shaped pancake on the pavement below. But, it was glorious! Views over the city. The ancient wall is something. Wind in my hair. Feeling of freedom. Did about 20 laps – okay, maybe not that many, but it felt like it.

  • Lunch: Found a small restaurant near the south gate. Tried some local specialties that I couldn't even pronounce (with a helpful picture menu). Another delicious, no-frills experience.

  • Afternoon: Big Wild Goose Pagoda. This place is beautiful, not as crowded, and serene. This is one of the best moment. I decided to find a quiet area, sit and let the moment go by, and just be. This is so much better than the crowd area. I forgot all my worries from the previous days.

  • Evening: Farewell Dinner: Had the best meal of the journey tonight. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel staff, the food was delicious, and the ambience was perfect. It felt like a good way to end the trip.

Day 4: Departure and Final Thoughts

  • Morning: One last breakfast of noodles (obviously). A final stroll around the area. Headed back to the airport using the metro, and finally, a smooth journey.
  • Lunch: On the flight.
  • Late Afternoon: Landed back home.

Final Thoughts (AKA, My Messy Epilogue):

Xi'an is incredible. It’s chaotic, overwhelming, and at times, utterly frustrating. But it’s also utterly unforgettable. I learned a lot about myself. I learned that I can survive on noodles and street food. I learned the true meaning of “personal space” (or the lack thereof). I had a meltdown, I ate way too much, and I saw things that will stay with me forever.

Would I go back? Absolutely. Maybe I'll pack my own toilet paper next time. And definitely bring a better book to deal with the crowds. Until next time, Xi'an. You magnificent, messy beast.

Uncover Naeba's Hidden Gem: The Springs Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station China

Xi'an & Zhonglou: Jinjiang Inn - The Good, The Bad, and The Surprisingly Okay

Okay, spill it. Is the Jinjiang Inn near Zhonglou REALLY the best hotel option? Seriously, is it?

Alright, alright, settle DOWN. "Best" is subjective, right? Like, some people dig Crocs. Me? I practically weep with joy at a well-fluffed pillow. But let's just say, for the *price* and the location... yeah, the Jinjiang Inn near the Bell Tower is a strong contender. It's like the reliable friend who always shows up with a six-pack and a decent joke. Not glamorous, but it gets the job done. Especially if you're, y'know, *on a budget* and want to be right in the thick of things.

I stayed there last month, and honestly, the *location* alone practically cured my jet lag. After a brutal red-eye, stumbling out of the hotel and BAM! Bell Tower staring you right in the face. Can't be beat. Seriously.

Location, Location, Location! REALLY? How close *is* close?

Dude. CLOSE. Like, you could probably throw a (carefully aimed) dumpling and hit the Bell Tower. (I wouldn't *recommend* that, by the way. They're delicious, not projectile-worthy. But you get the idea.) You literally walk out the door and you're *there*. Streets are bustling, shops are open late, food stalls are overflowing with deliciousness – it's a sensory overload in the best possible way. I practically lived off the street food, fuelled by the convenience. I mean, late-night noodles after a long day of tomb-raiding...chef's kiss!

This is HUGE. Especially after a long day of sightseeing. No endless taxi rides, no navigating confusing alleyways. Bliss. Pure, unadulterated bliss.

The Rooms... Are they… clean? And not a weird, musty clean, right?

Okay, let's be real. It's not the Four Seasons. You're not getting marble bathrooms and fluffy robes. BUT, and this is a big but, the rooms are generally clean. The sheets? Clean. The bathroom? Clean-ISH (I'm a germaphobe, so take my word with a grain of salt!). You're not going to find, like, dust bunnies doing the Macarena in the corners. (I *hope* not, anyway. I didn't actively *look* for them.)

One tiny gripe, though. My room had this... odd drain smell for the first few hours. I'm suspecting that it was the previous occupant's fault (probably a food they ate) Luckily, it was disappeared after it was aired out. So, yeah, the rooms are functional, and you can't really complain about the cleanliness in general.

Breakfast. Tell me about the breakfast, dammit! Is it a buffet of despair?

Okay, the breakfast. Don't go in expecting a gourmet experience. I mean, it *is* included, which is a massive plus. They generally served the usual breakfast fare. You’ll probably find a congee station, some steamed buns (baozi), maybe some little dumplings, some rice noodles, and usually some sort of questionable fruit. (I stuck to the bananas. You can't really mess up a banana.)

It's not *bad*, it's just… adequate. Perfect fuel for a day of exploring, but not something I'd write home about. Honestly, there's so much amazing street food right outside the hotel, even if you miss the breakfast, it will surely be a blessing in disguise.

The Staff? Are they helpful? Can they speak English? (Because my Mandarin is… nonexistent.)

Okay, the staff. This is where things get a little… mixed. Some staff members speak English reasonably well, others… not so much. It's always a gamble. The receptionists were generally helpful, but I once spent a solid five minutes trying to explain I needed a toothbrush. (Thank goodness for Google Translate!). My tip? Have Google Translate ready on your phone, and learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. It helps immensely. (Seriously, they will appreciate the effort.)

I also had an issue with my room’s air conditioning. The guy was nice but he spoke very little English. I used Google Translate, and in the end, he managed to fix it… Eventually. It was kind of an adventure in itself with hand gestures and the like. It tested my patience a little but hey… you're in another country! Embrace it! But it wasn't perfect.

Okay, let's cut to the chase. What's the biggest downside? What REALLY annoyed you?

Okay, here’s the truth bomb. My biggest issue was… the noise. Seriously. The hotel is right in the middle of everything. Which is amazing, EXCEPT… the traffic is relentless. It starts early and goes late. Cars honking, people shouting, music blaring. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Seriously. Bring ALL the earplugs. And maybe some noise-cancelling headphones. Because, trust me, you'll need them.

The other downside is the elevators. They were slow and sometimes packed. Expect a little wait during peak times. (Again, this is an inconvenience, but honestly, the amazing location makes up for a lot.) I went up the stairs once, after a long day of sightseeing just out of frustration and I was practically dead by the time I hit my floor. Learn from my mistakes!

So, overall... Would you recommend it? Is it worth it? (Be honest!)

Look, if I could go back right now, would I stay there again? YES. Absolutely, hands down, yes. Despite the noise, the occasional communication hurdle, and the slightly-less-than-stellar breakfast, the location is just unbeatable. For the price, the Jinjiang Inn gets you right in the heart of the action. If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and budget-friendly base of operations for exploring Xi'an, then it’s a winner. Just pack those earplugs!

Sleep Stop Guide

Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station China

Jinjiang Inn Xi'an Zhonglou North Street Metro Station China