Sonesta New York: The 50 BEST Reasons to Book NOW!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of the Sonesta New York! Forget those pristine, robotic reviews. You want the real deal? You got it. We're gonna uncover the 50 BEST reasons to book NOW, and I'm gonna tell you all the juicy bits, the little annoyances, and everything in between. Consider this your brutally honest friend's guide.
The 50 BEST Reasons to Book Sonesta New York… Or, At Least, My Take on It:
Let’s get this party started, shall we? I'm already mentally exhausted just THINKING about putting this together, but the mission is clear. Honest, real, and maybe… a little bit off-the-rails.
Accessibility & Comfort (Because, You Know, We All Need It):
- Accessibility: Okay, HUGE points. The official stuff lists "Facilities for disabled guests." Good. But from what I’ve seen online, Sonesta New York seems better than average. I heard from a friend who uses a wheelchair that it was surprisingly easy to navigate… that's HUGE in New York! We'll call it, "Pretty darn good." (Insert a messy emoji here, like the one with the snot bubble.)
- Wheelchair Accessible: Double-check the specifics, but the promise is there. Peace of mind is priceless. My friend, god bless her, said the elevators were spacious (a rare treat!)
- Elevator: They BETTER have one! (They do.)
- Things to do, ways to relax: The whole "Spa/Sauna" thing always intrigues me. I’m picturing myself just… melting in a sauna after a brutal day of shopping. I think I need a good massage.
The Nitty Gritty of Getting Connected (Wi-Fi & Stuff):
- Internet Access, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet [LAN], Wi-Fi in public areas, Wi-Fi for special events: Okay, let’s be honest. Wi-Fi is THE oxygen of modern travel. If it’s spotty or costs extra, I'm already grumpy. The fact that they claim "free Wi-Fi in all rooms" is a MUST. I’ll be judging this HARD. The LAN access… well, let's be real, how many of us are still plugging in Ethernet cables? But the promise of decent internet everywhere? Very good.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display: Seems like they cater to business/events, which is probably fine, but makes me wonder if they also do like, weddings.
Cleanliness & Safety (Because We Don't Want Creepy Crawlies):
- Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Alright, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in sanitation, but THIS list is reassuring. Especially after the pandemic. I need to know places are taking hygiene seriously. Anti-viral products? Rooms sanitized? Individually wrapped food? YES, PLEASE. And the fact that you can opt-out of room sanitization? Brilliant. Gives you a choice.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour]: Security is huge. Knowing that the hotel takes it seriously makes me sleep better at night, especially in a big city like New York. CCTV is a necessity.
Food, Glorious Food: (Gimme All the Carbs!)
- Dining, drinking, and snacking, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay, this is the part where I REALLY light up. 24-hour room service? SOLD! The sheer variety listed here is INSANE. Asian breakfast? International cuisine? A poolside bar?! I'm already picturing myself poolside… with a cocktail… at 10 AM. And a snack bar for those late-night cravings. drools A buffet breakfast is always a plus, but sometimes I like the "in room" option, you know?
Services & Conventiences (The Stuff That Makes Life Easier):
- Services and conveniences, Air conditioning in public area, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center: The "little things" matter. Air conditioning in all common areas is a MUST in NYC summers. A concierge means you can get reservations, directions, and all the insider tips. Contactless check-in/out? Brilliant! Makes the whole process smoother and faster. Daily housekeeping is a luxury I'm always grateful for.
For the Kids (Because, You Know, Tiny Humans):
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: If you're traveling with kids, this is a godsend. Makes the trip 1000% easier. Although, sometimes, you want a hotel that's not kid-friendly. Just saying. (Insert side-eye emoji here).
Getting Around (Because NYC Ain't Walkable):
- Getting around, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Airport transfer is a huge plus, especially after a long flight. Parking in NYC is a nightmare, so having options is great.
Available in All Rooms (The Must-Haves and the Nice-to-Haves):
- Available in all rooms, Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Okay, let's break this down. Must-haves: Air conditioning, Wi-Fi (free, PLEASE), a desk, a comfortable bed (extra long is a HUGE bonus), and a private bathroom. Nice-to-haves: Bathrobes, complimentary tea (because I'm a tea addict), a mini-bar (temptation!), and blackout curtains (essential for sleep!).
- Non-smoking rooms: Good.
Personal Anecdote (The “Realness” Factor):
I remember the last hotel I stayed in. It wasn’t this one, but it had a terrible shower. Like, a dribble of lukewarm water. I was miserable the entire stay! So, the fact that Sonesta New York lists "Separate shower/bathtub" is a HUGE win in my book. I'm a shower snob. Judge me.
Now, for the REALLY Honest Part: The Potential Pitfalls:
- "Hotel chain": This is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you get consistency in quality. On the other hand, you might lose some of the unique charm of a smaller, independent hotel.
- "Exterior corridor": This makes me think of those cheap motels. But I think these are mostly interior, so, hopefully.
My Verdict: To Book or Not to Book?
Based on this initial run-down, I'd say… YES, BOOK IT!
The Sonesta New York ticks a LOT of boxes. The accessibility features, the massive list of amenities, and the promise of a comfortable stay are all compelling. Check some reviews, confirm any specific needs (like the accessible rooms), and then… BOOK IT. You'll be able to relax, experience the city, and have some peace of mind knowing you'll be taken care of. The "50 BEST Reasons to Book NOW!" Offer (Because You Deserve a Deal!)
Hotel Blume Germany: Unbeatable Luxury Awaits You!Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is my soul-baring, caffeine-fueled, gloriously imperfect roadmap through the Fifty Sonesta Hotel in New York City. Prepare for chaos, tangents, and probably some existential questioning.
The Fifty Sonesta: A Love Letter (and Maybe a Few Side-Eyes)
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Perpetual Quest for Wi-Fi
- 1:00 PM: Eugh. Arrival. Okay, first things first: JFK. Don't get me wrong, I love New York. I adore New York. But JFK? It’s a goddamn obstacle course. Between the TSA (who, let's be honest, think I'm the threat) and the baggage carousel that seems to mock your hopes and dreams, I always arrive in a state of mild panic. Found the overpriced Uber surprisingly quick, though. Small victories!
- 2:30 PM: Hotel Check-In. Praying for a Decent View. The Fifty Sonesta. Sounds fancy, right? Let's hope it delivers. I envisioned a sleek lobby, a smiling concierge, and maybe, just maybe, a complimentary mimosa. The reality? Pleasant enough. The concierge was smiling, but I swear I saw a flicker of pity in her eyes. Probably due to my luggage explosion in the lobby.
- 3:00 PM: The Wi-Fi Debacle. Okay, this is a serious problem. First day, jet-lagged, desperate for a connection to the outside world (aka Instagram, duh). Tried the hotel Wi-Fi. Password? Entered it three times. Nada. Now, I'm wandering the hallways like a digital ghost, muttering about the perils of modern existence. Found a weak signal in the stairwell. This is my life now.
- 4:00 PM: Room Unveiling. (Please don't be a closet.) Okay, the room. Fingers crossed. I've seen hotel rooms that are essentially glorified broom closets. Not this one! It's… spacious! And clean! And… the view? Oh. My. God. I can see… buildings. And a tiny sliver of… sky! Okay, I’ll take it.
- 5:00 PM: Unpacking and the Existential Dread of the Suitcase. Why do I bring so much stuff? Every trip, I swear I'll pack light. Lies. All lies. Now, I'm buried under a mountain of clothes, shoes, and “just-in-case” accessories. This is the moment I question all my life choices.
- 6:00 PM: First Dinner: The Quest for the "Perfect" Slice (Fail!). Gotta get a decent pizza, right? I asked the concierge (the one who pitied me earlier - I bet she saw this coming). She recommended some place. Well, let's just say, my New York pizza dreams were dashed. It was… edible. But not the transcendental pizza experience I was hoping for. Sigh.
- 7:30 PM: The Rooftop Bar (and the Emotional Rollercoaster). Okay, this is where the hotel redeems itself. The rooftop bar! With its dazzling lights, delicious cocktails and the most amazing views. I had a moment. Looking out at the city, feeling insignificant and yet, somehow, connected to everything. Cue happy tears. Don't judge me.
Day 2: Museum Mayhem, Tourist Traps, and the Search for the Soul of New York
9:00 AM: Breakfast at the Hotel (Mediocre Croissant, Major Regret). The hotel breakfast. I should have known better. The croissant was stale. The coffee tasted like battery acid. I think I need a proper New York bagel.
10:00 AM: The Met: Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed, and Gloriously Lost. The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Okay, this place is massive. I planned to spend an hour. Now, I'm three hours in and have only seen a fraction of the collection. I got lost in the Egyptian wing. I saw a painting that made me weep and almost tripped over a tourist. Worth it.
1:00 PM: Food Truck Fiesta (and the Spicy Regret). Followed the scent of deliciousness to a food truck. Got a taco. Chose the "inferno" sauce. Ouch. My mouth is on fire. I'm blaming the jet lag. And possibly my poor decision-making skills.
2:00 PM: Times Square: A Sensory Assault (But I Can't Look Away). Okay, tourist trap alert! Times Square. Blinding lights, aggressive characters dressed as superheroes, and a cacophony of sound. I should hate it. But… I kinda love it? The sheer absurdity is exhilarating.
3:00 PM: Lost in a Bookshop and Found My Own Thoughts. Got lost in a bookshop called Strand. Browsed for hours, lost in thought, and actually bought a few books. It's my therapy.
5:00 PM: Walking the Brooklyn Bridge to find the real New York. The iconic bridge in Manhattan. I was hoping to find the real New York. I walked, took photos, and enjoyed the most stunning views.
7:00 PM: Dinner near The Theater District. The theatre district, I saw a classic play and had dinner. It was a fun. Day 3: Spa, Departure
9:00 AM: Spa. Time to relax.
12:00 PM: Departure. Till Next Time.
1: 00 PM: Departure. I had a great time.
Post-Trip Reflections (aka, The Emotional Aftermath)
- The Fifty Sonesta? Not perfect. But a solid base for a New York adventure.
- The Wi-Fi situation? Still a sore spot.
- New York? Still stealing my heart, one perfectly imperfect moment at a time.
- Also, still searching for the "perfect" pizza. The quest continues!
- I will come back again.
So there you have it. My messy, honest, and gloriously imperfect travel diary. Now go forth and make your own memories. Just remember: pack light (hah!), embrace the chaos, and always bring an extra charger. You'll need it.
Escape to Paradise: India's Royal Garden Retreat & Pool Awaits!Sonesta New York: The 50 BEST (and Mostly True...) Reasons to Book NOW! (Seriously, Though...)
1. Okay, First Thing's First: Is This Actually NYC? Like, *Really* New York?
YES! Don't worry, you're not accidentally in Topeka. Sonesta is *smack-dab* in Midtown Manhattan. You step outside and BOOM: yellow cabs, the hurried footsteps of a million people, the faint smell of... well, New York. (Sometimes it's pizza, sometimes it's... something else. Embrace it.) I remember the first time, I was practically vibrating with excitement. You're *there*. Breathe it in!
2. Location, Location, Location (Seriously, It Matters!) What's the Deal with Where It's At?
Okay, listen. This is where Sonesta *really* shines. It's super close to everything. Times Square? Yeah, you *could* stumble there if you really wanted to (though, let's be honest, it's always a bit of a zoo). But more importantly, it's near the subway! That magical, stinky, but incredibly efficient vein that pumps life through the city! You can get anywhere. I used the subway to get to Brooklyn to eat a pizza and it was... *chef's kiss*. Couldn't have done it without a nearby station.
3. Let's Talk Rooms: Are You Saying "Cozy" or "Cramped"?
Alright, let's be real. New York hotel rooms aren't known for being sprawling mansions. Expect "cozy" – but in a good way. The rooms are well-designed, surprisingly comfortable, and actually, *clean*. I'm a notorious germaphobe, and I'm telling you, I was impressed. (Okay, I *did* check under the bed... out of force of habit. Everything was A-OK.) The views? Depends on the room, but chances are you'll at least see *something* interesting. Maybe a brick wall, maybe a sliver of the Empire State Building. It's New York; even a brick wall has character! I actually booked a room with a view once and spent the entire time glued to the window. Utterly worth it.
4. The Beds: Miracle or…Meh?
Oh GOD, the beds. This is crucial. You need a good bed after a day of pounding the pavement. The beds at Sonesta? Surprisingly good. Not *perfect*, mind you – I’ve slept on clouds, but they were expensive clouds. But they're comfortable, which is what counts. I actually fell asleep before I even realised I was in bed, which is a rare feat for me. You can't go wrong with a good sleep after all that walking! They were even better than the ones at my apartment.
5. The Staff: Are They Actually... Nice?
Look, sometimes hotel staff in NYC can be… well, they've seen things. But the staff at Sonesta are generally pretty darn pleasant. They're helpful, they seem to genuinely care (and hey, a smiling face in New York is worth its weight in gold!). I once lost my phone (classic me) and the front desk went above and beyond, calling everywhere and making sure I got it back. Saved my bacon. Or, you know, my phone. Couldn't have asked for a better experience! I'd practically be begging them for help if I wasn't a guest.
6. What About Breakfast? Is It Worth the Hype?
Okay, breakfast in hotels is a minefield. Sometimes it's a sad, sorry buffet of lukewarm eggs. Sonesta? Decent. Not Michelin-star-worthy, but perfectly acceptable. They have the essentials: coffee (a *must*), pastries, some hot options. It'll get you going for a day of exploring. And it's way cheaper than eating out at one of those crazy trendy brunch spots. I'm a total sucker for those giant bagels. They're simply the best.
7. The Gym: Does It Even Exist? (And Is It Any Good?)
Yes, it exists. And it's… a gym. It's small, as New York gyms often are, but it has the basics: treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. I wouldn't expect a state-of-the-art fitness center, but it's enough to get a quick workout in. I, personally, didn't use it. (See: the aforementioned bagels and inability to wake up before noon.) But for the fitness-minded, it’s a plus. And hey, at least you can burn off some calories before you hit up a real restaurant. A *real* New York restaurant.
8. So, Tell Me About the 'Value'. Does It Actually Make Sense? (NYC Can Be Expensive!)
This is the big one, right? NYC hotels can be a total budget-buster. Sonesta… is pretty good on value. You get a decent room, a good location, and generally good service, without completely emptying your wallet. Does it compare to a hostel? No. But for what you get, it's a solid deal. I'd say it's a pretty good price point for what you get. I once stayed at *another* hotel, and the price was double, but the room was awful. So, yeah, Sonesta is a solid value.
9. The Wi-Fi: Because We Need To Be Connected, Obviously...
The Wi-Fi is fast enough. I was able to stream Netflix (during a particularly rainy afternoon when I didn't want to go out). It's not the *best* Wi-Fi in the world, but it'll do the trick. You'll be able to check your emails, post pictures to Instagram (look at me, living it up in NYC!), and mostly everything you need. I swear, it's all I do these days.
10. Any Hidden Fees? (Nobody Likes Hidden Fees...)
The usual. There might be a "resort fee" (which isn't exactly a resort, but, hey, it's New York). Check the fine print. However, nothing too insane I've ever found. Always read the fine print, I say! Always! Ugh, fees. The bane of my existence.